Tomorrow is his party.
|Yes, I'm still pretending you don't all know his first name, because we decided at the beginning of all this that we'd keep our kids' names out of it, but I'm all over the Internet so possibly you already know it. Let's pretend I still have a shred of anonymity left though, ok? Thanks. Also, I got this invitation here.|
I like kids' parties. I like themes and color schemes and elaborate cakes. I like all the stupid minutia of kids' parties like cutting out a million tiny monster eyes and gluing them to everything in sight.
I also like procrastination.
The party is tomorrow at 2. Approximately 28 1/2 hours from now. Here is my to-do list for between now and then:
- Work 8 hours at my job (the one that's non-party, non-blog related).
- Finish stuffing and sewing 14 felt monster dolls.
- Cut out around 70 more pages of printable party materials including paper bunting, banners, favor tags, signs, and cupcake wrappers (also purchased here). One at a time. With an X-acto knife.
- Assemble all of the above and hang in aesthetically pleasing arrangements around the house.
- Blow up 75 balloons.
- Grocery shop.
- Bake and decorate 4 dozen cupcakes in a monster theme.
- Bake and decorate 1 smash cake in a monster theme.
- Wrap birthday presents.
- Dice a boatload of fruit for baby-friendly fruit salad.
- Locate, gather, and decorate various receptacles and containers for serving snacks, cupcakes, drinks, ice, favors, etc.
- Finish unpacking. (Alternatively, hide all boxes in the garage. Probably the more likely option.)
- Feed my family meals, as apparently they cannot go 28 1/2 hours without eating even when I am BUSY.
- Parent a kindergartner and a one-year-old.
- Clean my entire house.
- Photograph this entire process for your eventual enjoyment.
- Blog and tweet (obviously).
- Possibly sleep (unlikely).