- With a sink full of dirty dishes.
- With a mountain of unwashed laundry.
- With an endless to-do list at work (the kind that follows you home).
- With a Girl Scout guilt trip cupcake order due November 2nd.
- With no outline or any story-related prep whatsoever, really.
- Without an official Survival Kit consisting of Mountain Dew, chocolate, fuzzy socks, note cards, post-it notes, guilt-inducing quotes and reminders, etc. (I always make one of these the last week of October. Until now.)
- Without a fully-planned menu and housework schedule to get the rest of the family through November with as little drama as possible.
- With a mind that is totally scattered, distracted, unprepared, and not remotely in writing mode.
What can I say. I'm a rule-breaker.
Write on, Wrimos!